February 18, 2015

Blessings

I have been blessed in so many ways since going public with my family situation. I feel that it would be impossible to count all the ways I have been helped by generous and loving friends, family, and also people I've not met yet--people who have touched my life in ways I never anticipated since my sisters ran away in July.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the people who have donated to my gofundme to help me in my ongoing legal battle to determine a safe custody arrangement for my sisters. An update will be posted soon. Your continued support is a vital part of my fight against the injustice of my sisters since the courts sent us to live with our abusive father.

Other costs have come up unexpectedly, the most recent cost being my mom's vehicle. Your immediate support of me when I placed my artwork for sale has enabled me to pay for removal of the boot that was placed on Mom's van (that was parked where she last lived in Orem before her disappearance).

I can't thank you enough for helping me to keep her car from being towed, as I have a strong hope and prayer that my mom will be able to return and resume her life once safety for my sisters is established officially.

I thank my future in-laws for their generous spirits and love. They have protected me in multiple ways from the stalking I've endured. They have cheered me up when I've been down, and have supported me emotionally, spiritually, and temporally as I have navigated this rough time. They have been there for me through so much (not least of which is the training of my not-so-little German Shepherd puppy!). I can't possibly tell them how much they mean to me, and how much I have grown to love them.

I want to thank my friends who have lifted me up and helped me through so much heavy trauma now for years. You know who you are. You have listened to me as I processed through distress over my dad's abuse. You have shown me how important it is to find balance in my life, which has been difficult to do with so much seriousness (college classes, legal battles, stalkers accosting me at my workplace and my apartment, online abuse/stalking directed at me, my grief over my sisters' and mom's disappearances, financial worries, and loss of support from family members on my dad's side, etc) threatening to overwhelm me. 


Some of you have helped lift my spirits with a movie night or a quick run to get a milkshake. Some of you have gifted me with fun things like getting our nails done, or gifted me the hair extensions you know I wanted to feel beautiful on my wedding day. These things are seemingly small, but things that have helped me find happiness when it felt like I would never feel it again. I have had to make it a point to make time to enjoy life, and find and embrace the good things God has placed in my path. That leads me to the most important person I want to recognize today, as it is his birthday...

Scott. I can't tell you how much you mean to me. I am so glad God placed you in my path when I needed you most. I'm so grateful you were born, so that we could find each other now. You are such a good and kind-hearted man, and I couldn't be happier that I get to share this life with you and beyond. 
I am so very lucky to have your shoulder to cry on when all the stresses become too much for me to bear alone. I am blessed to have your strength to count on. I am glad to have your help as we plan the rest of our lives together. As my eternal partner and dearest friend, your support of my dreams and goals is priceless.  Happy birthday, my darling. I love you.


Photo by Braadyn Ashley Photography

4 comments:

  1. Happy to see you're still here and you're still smiling, despite the clown parade which seems to follow your father around, hanging off his lies. You're a good kid and your mom must be so proud of you for how you've stood up and spoken out and demonstrated to the world what sort of man your father really is. Keep up the good work! Sending hugs to you, Dani, Syd and your Mom xxx Oh and a hug for Scott too, glad you have found someone who makes you so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. You're amazing. Happy Birthday to Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God's perfect timing! I sincerely hope Brian reads this blog, and suffers all the pain a guilty man should feel. God's judgment is going to hold him accountable. He will pay severely! You both deserve a lifetime of great happiness.

    ReplyDelete