March 22, 2016

Forced Back

I just received word that Sydney and Dani are gone.
In last night's visit, they were very open about their thoughts on returning. They were both having a really hard time and talking about shutting down completely. They said things like, "Why are they making us go? Why would they force us? Why would they let people do this to us??" They pleaded for us to keep fighting for them. It was heartbreaking--I keep using this word because it is the only one that applies. To lift our spirits, the three of us decided to sing the hymns "Abide with Me; 'Tis Eventide" and "Nearer, My God, to Thee." Our voices echoed in synchronization and the room filled with the spirit. We all knew exactly when to harmonize with each other, as if we could read each others' minds. Sydney and Dani have the voices of angels. When we finished, there wasn't a dry eye in the room. Sydney said to me, "I really miss singing with you."
The visit ended and we hugged them, telling them that it would somehow be okay. We parted and continued waving to them through the glass doors as long as possible before they disappeared from sight. The moment we were in the lobby I turned to hold my husband and just held him and silently cried, "I think this is the last time we're going to see them."
This morning I awoke from a dream that they were planning to move Syd and Dani at 6 A.M. before anyone had a chance to hear of it. Through this horrible news, I feel blessed to know that Heavenly Father watches all things that happen. I feel that He was preparing me, though it is almost impossible to be prepared for such loss. We received word about an hour ago while preparing for tonight's visit that they were taken at 5:57 A.M. this morning from Slate Canyon. I spoke to someone at the scene who said the girls were extremely upset and not in a good state.
I am absolutely shocked, terrified and utterly disappointed. I think that even when the order was sent by the judge, we believed somehow it wouldn't happen, especially because of the recent DCFS abuse findings. My sisters are unprepared, unprotected and silenced by this order to send them back. The same tag we have used since they were found almost three months STILL applies: ‪#‎LetThemSpeak‬! The fight is not over for their safety and protection.
To those who participated in the last Facebook post: Thank you so much! As I read through each of your comments, they brought tears to my eyes. I am certain that Sydney and Dani will be overwhelmed with strength and support from them. In light of the recent news, we are not aware of where they are and where they are going. But as soon as we are updated, I will do everything in my power to pass the messages along.
Please continue to share the blog so that we can keep finding those who are willing to donate and learn about Sydney and Dani's case. Thank you so much.
Brittany

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a letter to the DA after your last posting. This is a disgraceful outrage. I am so upset about this entire case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google Alana Krause and her lawsuit. And for those who ignored the abuse and sent these girls back to this environment, know this matter is not over and you all can still someday be held equally accountable - if not here on earth.

    ReplyDelete