December 5, 2014

Random Memory #6: Abby at the Restaurant

Shortly before they moved to Kansas, my dad had a family dinner out at the Star of India restaurant in Salt Lake City. My dad, Angie, Syd, Dani, Abby, Angie's parents, and her three brothers were all there. (This actually happened during the same trip as the kissing incident).

At one point, someone noticed that Abby was squirming in her chair - a clear indication that she needed to go to the restroom. She had already graduated out of diapers and was potty training. She was almost three. When one of the girls said "I think Abby needs to go to the bathroom," my dad said he'd take her. Abby immediately started crying and screaming--signs that she didn't want him to take her. She reached for Angie and screamed, but Dad insisted that he be the only one to take her, even when Angie offered more than once to take Abby herself. Abby screamed all the way across the restaurant as he took her to the restroom, and I could hear her faint screams from behind the bathroom walls.


She looked distressed when he brought her back to the table afterward. Her eyes were all puffy from crying and she seemed more subdued and clingy toward us. I don't know what possible reason could my dad have had to not just let any one of us take her instead. There were nine other capable loved ones who could have taken Abby without giving her the distress she clearly felt. 

The reason I'm posting this memory is because this wasn't a one-time occurrence. Abby typically resisted going to my dad in this way, yet he would always insist that he had to be the one to take her. She seemed very traumatized and scared of him on many, many instances that the girls and I recall.

6 comments:

  1. My husband would take the girls to the bathroom if I was unable to and they NEVER EVER cried. He had a hard time getting them out of there. "Dad what does this say? Dad can I do the soap dispenser? I can reach the towels watch!" Meanwhile he's rushing them to get back to the table and they come back laughing that they got to wash their hands themselves. NEVER have they resisted being in his presence. I feel like Brian Wolferts is CLEARLY doing something to that child when he is alone with her and she is vulnerable and isolated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many reasons a predator would do this. There are zero reasons a normal father would do this. A normal dad would let a female child's mother take her unto the bathroom. Most men don't insist on taking their daughters into the bathroom or bedroom. Highly unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above statement. My daughter is 19 months old and very rarely does my husband doing the bum changing while out and about. Not because he isn't willing but rather she doesn't need to be in a Males bathroom. And usually the bum changer is in the woman's bathroom. If my husband always insisted in changing her, it would make me very concerned. What has been described is NOT normal behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many red flags here. As I follow this I hope that you will all seek out a good EMDR therapist so that the hell you have been through isn't plaguing you throughout your life. Your father appears to be a predator. Sick and scary that he is hiding behind his religion and a high powered attorney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyone who reads this blog should bring it to the attention of child protective services in Kansas. Then the burden is on them to make sure Abby is safe. They should also confiscate all of the families personal and professional computers. http://www.dcf.ks.gov/services/PPS/Pages/ChildProtectiveServices.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^^ Exactly!! Why in the hell would they not already be involved?!?! Clearly There's some fishy stuff going on with this clearly unstable, abusive, and complete inappropriate man! I mean, Seriously, test the little one and make sure that first of all she is okay and second that the allegations aren't true. If they are true, I pray that God puts a stop to the pain and suffering that this little girl ( Abby) is more than likely still bring exposed to.

    ReplyDelete